By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Subscription query

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Collectra28/03/2018 16:20:21
19 forum posts

I couldn't seem to find a link on this site to send a message to staff so will inquire on here, others may wonder abut this too.

I am considering a mail subscription. What exactly is meant by 'continuous debit'? Is my card charge monthly at each mailing? I live in the USA so assume the 65 pound annual sub is prorated over 12 months. How often a year will this be processed?

Thanks!

Paul Davey 128/03/2018 23:23:55
380 forum posts
26 photos

Whe I read this post and scroll right down to the bottom there is a link for subscriptions. Do you not see this? If not let me know and I can email you the link.

Paul (not a member of staff!)

Collectra29/03/2018 01:47:45
19 forum posts

Paul, OK, I see what you refer to. That is the same page I was on before. My query isn't re how to subscribe; it is what is meant by 'continuous debit'. It would seem they'd explain this before you sign up but apparently they don't..

I already found a link to send a question to magazine staff so I assume someone will be getting back soon. Thanks for input.

Edited By Collectra on 29/03/2018 01:52:02

Collectra04/04/2018 14:58:51
19 forum posts

Per reply it means they will keep running a charge through on your card at renewal time whether you ask them to or not. That is not something I agree with but I doubt my opinion will be noted by magazine staff, I don't feel many of them look on here too often.

Edited By Collectra on 04/04/2018 14:59:22

Carmen05/04/2018 17:48:28
555 forum posts
58 photos

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that was only available to people living in Great Britain...

Collectra07/04/2018 18:34:09
19 forum posts

I am not planning to go that route but just for chuckles, I went through the subscription process, giving my US address and the 65.00 price. It appeared to be setting me up for automatic renewal. I chose not to proceed.

I understand why publications would want to do that. It just to me smacks of involuntary servitude.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers