By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What Price a letter?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoff CHILDS22/03/2018 20:09:16
2150 forum posts
2157 photos

All,

So the price of postage goes up with effect from Monday 26th March 2018 in the UK.

I put a letter in the postbox on Saturday or Sunday (24th/25th) after the last collection , the next being on Monday 26th March.

I don't use NVI stamps but postage to the value of pre 26/3 postage costs.

Question, Are they deemed underpaid?

Geoff (GBCC) www.gbcovercollector.co.uk

Paul Davey 122/03/2018 20:37:13
407 forum posts
26 photos

Let us know! I am travelling back to UK on Sunday & have a couple of things to post when I get there. Since I use old stamps........

In the past, Revenue Protection have granted a couple of days leeway for things in the system to clear. I assume they still will....

Geoff CHILDS23/03/2018 06:50:20
2150 forum posts
2157 photos

All,

Have posed question to Royal Mail.

Will update when I have response.

Geoff

Julian23/03/2018 13:47:53
634 forum posts
261 photos

Hi Geoff,

Good luck with RM and your question!!

The fact it falls on a weekend gives you grace as not all post boxes are emptied on those days. there is a technical answer and a debatable one.

All mail is scanned from when the postmen pick up the mail from the boxes with time and date, I would expect the answer will be "Under Paid" but what the Postmen actually do is anyone's guess. As with my issue and the 40g world wide labels which I have to say they did reach their intended destinations at Christmas. So I would guess it will all depend upon the person sorting the bags and their knowledge of rules.

To put things into context and a slightly different matter I have twice now tried to change to the Post Office home phone deal and have come up against the same incompetence as with the label????

I hope you get an answer from RM though.

Julian

Geoff CHILDS23/03/2018 18:09:41
2150 forum posts
2157 photos

All,

reply from Royal Mail,

Hi Geoff, any items already in our system, as per you example, will still be processed and delivered without charge

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers