Perfin - how does it affect the value of the stamp

Perfin cv

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Trevor Bishop 130/01/2018 21:00:09
158 forum posts
52 photos

Hi ,

I am a collector of perfins in a small way & would also like to increase my QV GB collection some of which are way out of my price range and I have recently seen that some the HV QV stamps with perfins are at more reasonable price .

I was just wondering what perfins do to the value of a stamp ( presumably a defective/ damaged stamp ?)

Regards

Trev

Paul Davey 130/01/2018 23:07:25
385 forum posts
26 photos

Trev

perfins tend to reduce the value of an otherwise decent stamp. I regard them as properly used rather than damaged, others have a different opinion! You have seen the effect it has on the price of, particularly, high values.

as with all such things - beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Paul

Billy Broadland31/01/2018 19:01:26
138 forum posts
40 photos

Trevor

Your collection should be whatever you want it to be. I think that a perfin is a valid stamp that could be used postally.

I have a small collection of perfins and to me they are just part of my collection.

A few people turn their noses up at items like perfins but that is their opinion.

Collect whatever you like to collect.

Billy

Trevor Bishop 101/02/2018 20:10:18
158 forum posts
52 photos

Hi Billy ,

Thanks , I was just wondering as there WERE 3 lovely QV 10/- stamps for sale ( now snapped up by someone else ) for £30 each and I just wanted to be sure they weren't valued as fairly worthless if I ever had to sell them . Well clearly someone else thought they were worth it & so my question has been answered . I did read somewhere that someone had estimated the value as 10/% of CV .

I'll keep a look out for more & hopefully add them to my collection .

I have 100's or 1000's of perfins & having looked at the perfin website it is really difficult to value them , as it's what someone will pay for them . It also seems people prefer them on original covers showing the company for which they were made . Always good to know these things .

I've been trying to think of a way to display perfins , but upto now my ideas wander between different ideas . One day I'll get around to it .

Trev

Paul Davey 101/02/2018 21:23:52
385 forum posts
26 photos

Trev

I have seen one collector who mounts perfins on fluorescent bright green slips of paper. So long as the holes are not blind it is remarkably effective. When is is a green stamp, pink fluorescent paper is the choice.

Pau

Trevor Bishop 102/02/2018 15:58:50
158 forum posts
52 photos

Hi Paul ,

I've just tried the fluorescent paper trick - putting them in Hagner pages with a strip behind the stamp - excellent idea.

I was very impressed , now I need to find how to write a brief note about the company who issues them .

All good fun .

Thanks

Trev

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers