CLASSIC TOYS

WINNER

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian16/01/2018 15:47:38
626 forum posts
261 photos

Hi Friends,

Again apologies for not coming in as much as I have but I am struggling with health right now. The NHS is an eye opener for sure as to the state this country. I have spent so much time in hospital visits I may as well live there. Basically I have some sort of eating disorder and unaware to me, I have been suffering with this for years. However as I last wrote in here I am truly unwell. The good thing is I am losing weight, makes you laugh in itself but I am eating little and from my last post in here its taken 2 months to get a CT scan and it now looks 3 months in total to get the results, according to my Dr's anyway, March sometime.

I was going to emigrate USA and my trip last November was cancelled due to failing health and by the grace of luck I never went although you may say if i went I would be getting far better medical help than I am here, that is without doubt.

Anyway enough of that and to stamps we go. This is my latest win from the competitions on Stamp Magazine Classic Toys pack 10 x 1st..

classic toys.jpg

It really is not an inspiring set of stamps and I notice the SM has stopped its monthly article on stamp worth, I used to enjoy giving my own opinion. This set I know a few oft he actual makers and products probably because I am far to young (lol). The one thing that stand out about these the RM have used the British makers such as Sindy which was a flop but the Cindy sister fetches good money on Ebay.. Stickle Bricks, (Lego) another flop.

There are a few I just don't know or have a vague memory and 5 from my childhood. I personally would not have purchased this set of stamps the insert card is more interesting than the stamps and I could really go to town on the stamps images used it is a very poor set of stamps.

Alex17/01/2018 15:17:47
562 forum posts
7 photos

Nice to hear something from you, Julian. Sorry to hear about your health, but here's to the future.

Nice prize that you won. It is a nice set for sure. Though I didn't grow up in the UK I had similar toys when I was a kid, for example I didn't have a Action Man but instead a GI Joe (same thing, really, just better quality and better range of stuff to go with it).

Keep your chin up and get better.......

Al

Carmen24/02/2018 14:05:59
547 forum posts
57 photos

Hey Julian, welcome back... sorry to hear about your health and will pray for some quick answers for ya so you can get back to the fun of stamp collecting! Good on ya for winning that set!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers