By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

AVITARS

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian24/08/2016 08:29:28
635 forum posts
261 photos

O.K I am trying to change my avitar and for some reason it just will not do itangry

I even uploaded the pic to an album but that was a waste of time.

I keep sending the pic off for approval and NOTHINGquestion

Julian

Katy Purvis24/08/2016 08:36:25
18 forum posts
1 photos
2 articles

Hi Julian, I had already approved it, but you may need to clear your cache to see it. try pressing Ctrl f5 if you use a windows pc.

Julian24/08/2016 08:39:11
635 forum posts
261 photos

LOL I just tried to put the one I deleted back on and it will not do that either, just keeps coming back with the 2nd JPEG which obviously is not being sent for approval and yes the pile was under 500kb but even still, to wanted me to cut the image down!!

I give up

Julian24/08/2016 08:40:26
635 forum posts
261 photos

er at what stage do I press F5

Julian24/08/2016 08:41:37
635 forum posts
261 photos

ok so my original avitar is back now how do i change it

Katy Purvis24/08/2016 08:42:55
18 forum posts
1 photos
2 articles

Hi Julian, you need to press Ctrl f5 to clear your browser cache, you might be seeing a cached copy of this page, as your browser saves resources by not reloading images that it has already downloaded

Katy Purvis24/08/2016 08:45:07
18 forum posts
1 photos
2 articles

You seem to be uploading the same photo though

Julian24/08/2016 08:56:13
635 forum posts
261 photos

Well hi Katy,smiley

Somehow, it has worked. Now steady with the browser cache stuff info. Is pressing F5 the same as clearing your temp internet filesquestion Or does F5 apply to the web page/site your on, this is a new thing for me I very rarely use F buttonsdevil

Yeah sorry about keep sending the same pic but I could not understand why it was not working.sad

SOOOOOOO when I decide for a change againcheeky its best to F5 once you delete the existing imagewink

Julian

Katy Purvis24/08/2016 09:03:24
18 forum posts
1 photos
2 articles

Yes it's the same thing as deleting your temp files and works on all websites not just this one.. It will only work here when I've approved an avatar though, and I don't work 24 hours a day, so it isn't instant.

Julian24/08/2016 17:19:58
635 forum posts
261 photos

Well why not, us stamp collectors like the idea you working 24 hours a day, hey, maybe we could make a new film 24hrs, whereby when you go home and to bed you secretly come back as an Avitar, changing everyone elses into dark secrets of there past and then you come looking for their stamp albums!!!!!! You could be Miss Kitty Perf, or Dainty Fiscal............

Just a thought!

I have already lined up some more Diana Avitars to try you out on but I shall use my new found F5 knowledge to the best and thank you for your help.

I expect you will have nightmares of Diana's and Julian's now devil

You been a star

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers