By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for kingpinpdi

Here is a list of all the postings kingpinpdi has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Post here first! (Sandbox)
27/07/2011 23:49:45

Many thanks for the advice - I'll get stuck in asap (although I don't have that much free time!). Really appreciate you taking the time and getting back so quickly. I'll keep you posted (pardon the pun!)

26/07/2011 23:06:57

Hi. I just signed up as I'm after some advice. I've never before collected stamps but I've inherited a 'collection', which consists of a couple of hundred used stamps loosely arranged in a large tin. I should say that none of the stamps are less than 80-90 years old and a good many of them are well in excess of 120 years old. They come from all over the globe, from countries I've not even heard of. Almost all are still on the torn off sections of the envelopes they were originally attached to. I'm note sure how best to proceed with them; I guess I should begin by arranging them by country and probably by denomination, but I seem to recall there are right ways and wrong ways to handle stamps, as well as to mount or affix them to pages - and what should I do in respect of the envelope fragments; should I attempt to remove them and, if so, how? Any hints, tips and feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited By Julia Lee on 27/07/2011 09:22:41

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values