By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Reaney 1

Here is a list of all the postings David Reaney 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Wavy "Royal Mail" iridescent wording
31/05/2020 18:35:55

Good day, I hope you are all well?

I'm currently working on the more modern parts of my GB collection and have 'discovered' stamps with these markings. As a simple example, I have 1st Gold and 2nd Blue "Large" PIP stamps in front of me with the markings - but I'm sure I have also seen the same values without it.

So, is there a list or website anywhere of when iridescent markings were introduced to individual values?

Thread: Remember Stamp Hinges?
03/05/2020 10:45:27

Thanks for such a prompt response Paul, I noticed you mention Stanley Gibbons hinges - well I am in sunny Wales so may try to get hold of a packet

03/05/2020 08:10:27

I'm a new-returner to the hobby and although hinges were 'default' back in my day, I do understand that the clear plastic mounts are far more favoured now-a-days.

However, without boring you, my return to the hobby is accompanied with reduced means - plastic mounts are not cheap in the quantities I need for my new collection and the stamps are predominantly modern-ish used, so hinges are the favoured route.

I believe Prinz are the only manufacturer nowadays (various brands) and I bought some of those but am disappointed. Research online suggests this is common with a number of alternatives (other than 1970s Dennison hinges @ US$20/30 a pack) but these posts were 5-7 years ago and product names / internet links change

So, to the main question. Does anybody successfully use hinges in 2020? I'm not sure if forum rules will allow you to mention brands - but that would be really useful.

Don't get me started on Watermarks - as a kid, Morley-Bright 'Rollatector'?  Now it seems, pay a fortune or risk lighter fluid!  In this non-smoking age, I haven't found anywhere to even buy lighter fluid.

Edited By David Reaney 1 on 03/05/2020 08:18:37

Thread: 1982 Postage Due Labels
20/04/2020 09:46:19

Thank you Paul, your help is appreciated.

Can I ask where that nugget came from as I obviously need to expand my library of resources.

19/04/2020 18:37:41

Coronavirus lockdown has given me the time to put together a GB decimal album, it'll look so much prettier than shoe boxes!

Building the individual leaves as we speak and I can find no information about the designer of the 1982 "To-Pay" labels. I don't know if that info is in any SG publication but I'm currently relying on free online info, haven't invested in a copy of Collect British Stamps yet!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values