By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Paul Brown 14

Here is a list of all the postings Paul Brown 14 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Can anyone identify this stamp
05/10/2018 06:41:22

Thanks Paul.

Personally I have never seen one but that explains why I can't find it in the catalogue.

So mystery solved.

04/10/2018 22:13:07

Found this while going through an old tin of stamps, any help in identifying it would be appreciated. To be honest I don't know if it is even a real stamp.

stamplist0004.jpg

Thread: Thematic Collecting protocols - for omnibus issues
10/09/2018 22:18:52

Thanks Clive

I thought that this would be the case but just wanted to get it 'right' if you know what I mean.

I will probably go for the single mixed collection first and then split the collected stamps as the collection grows etc.

As I will mount all of the stamps both mint and used it shouldn't damage the stamps the way a hinged collection would.

Paul

09/09/2018 19:38:17

Hi All,

I may have put this in the wrong place as I suppose this question could relate to all collections not just thematics if I have I apologise.

When collecting a thematic issue it is considered 'Bad practice' to mix mint and used sets in the same issue or is it a matter of choice.

ie. The 1935 Silver jubilee - I have several sets which are used but I also have some sets that are mint should I mount the whole lot in one set of album leaves and mix the two types to try and complete the whole issue or should they never be mixed and therefore I should use two sets of album leaves thus doubling the size of the number of pages used to achieve the same result.

Thread: Advice on this Malaya stamp would be appreciated
28/03/2018 07:17:13

Hi Trevor,

Many thanks for your response as I am only what could be called a casual collector I got a bit excited when I found this but I will leave it as is for now.

If in the future I do get it looked at I will return to this post and let you know the result.

Paul

27/03/2018 13:40:54

I have found the stamp below whilst going through an old album. Would it be worth the time/money investment to get it properly valued or is the flaw so slight as not to bother?

stamp0001 (2).jpg

stamp0001 (3).jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers