By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for nik rakels 1

Here is a list of all the postings nik rakels 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Inherited Stamp Collection
26/04/2015 00:44:21

Loe like you many eyars ago I inherited my relatives stamp collection it was a large old suitcase full of well, stuff I put it away in the closet for over 10 years before taking a closer look I am glad I did as it ultimately led me on a 9 month trip through Africa visiting all those stamp places so here's something to think about if you dont desperately need the money and have some space in the loft or under the stairs keep them for later its very unlikely you have a 2 million pound stamp and the disappearing countries are actually fascinating

Bear in mind that yours is one of thousands of stories now as the old folks go and according to basic supply and demand stamps are worthless as nobody wants them any more either that or anything with modern currency send cards letters instead of e mail or as I did recently make up envelopes with the relevant post rate and sell them off cheap to local clubs and elderly assistance associations who are running on small/zero budgets for DIY selling try Ebay but remember so is everybody else forget the auction system

also there was an excellent series in Stamp Mag recently about how to sell your items chase that up

Thread: Full 2013 programme announced
21/12/2012 01:25:26

ouch I havent even saved up enough for the 2011 year pack yet

are all these issues necessary does anybody realise only the people of the UK earn GB pounds( or even worse use the NZ peso)

I was going to try and keep going until the change of command but will just sit staring at the many million Machins I have already now Well done Royal Mail another one bit the dust

NB this decision was also helped along by the staggering $120 NZ for the latest Hobbit offerings which I will also decline to participate in

perhaps someone could issue a stamp devoted to greed

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers