By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Corbin Hutt

Here is a list of all the postings Corbin Hutt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Need help in getting started with GB
23/10/2012 21:04:18

Nathan, I just received the SG Windsor Elite albums. I really like them. They do not have mounts but I will definately use them, probably Scott's black mounts as I like how the stamps stand out. I also got the Concise SG catalog; very nice also.

17/10/2012 12:46:01

Carmen, you're cracking me up!smiley

16/10/2012 17:47:31

Also, I really like the SG Windsor Elite albums. Very nice, lays flat, has catalog numbers and illustrations.

16/10/2012 17:42:40

For me the illustrations provide a preset guide as to the order of the stamps. If it was left to me, I would be forever rearranging my stamps so they were in whatever order I thought was best for a given day/week/month.

Edited By Corbin Hutt on 16/10/2012 17:43:18

16/10/2012 00:15:25

Everyone, thanks for the great information. I have decided on the SG Concise catalog and I'll browse around for an album. Sounds like I have plenty of choices.

15/10/2012 17:15:13

I'm really after a catalog, or some book, that provides the following:

1) English language only

2) details on the stamps (colors, watermarks, perforations, etc)

3) values, but this is the least of my concerns; I just want to be able to check a price for a stamp when I buy it to be sure I'm not being taken; this is not an investment but more a tour of history for me.

For an album, I'd like to see illustrations if possible, but at least spaces with descriptions. Any bits of history added in would be great. Also, a good grade of paper would be preferable. Not too thin, but I don't need card stock.

I have browsed the internet and have seen different albums and catalogs, but one can not usually see what's on the inside of these publications. That's where I need some help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited By Corbin Hutt on 15/10/2012 17:16:11

14/10/2012 22:39:04

I just joined this forum. I collect U.S. stamps but want to start a G.B. collection. I use a Scott catalogue for my US stamps but was wondering if I should get a Stanley Gibbons catalogue for the GB stamps. Also, can anyone recommend a good comprehensive album? I like to see illustrations if possible.

Thread: What do you collect?
13/10/2012 22:38:30

Hello all.

I just joined this forum. I collect U.S. stamps but want to start a G.B. collection. I use a Scott catalogue for my US stamps but was wondering if I should get a Stanley Gibbons catalogue for the GB stamps. Also, can anyone recommend a good comprehensive album? I like to see illustrations if possible.

Thanks.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values