By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

GB Illustrated Special Event Covers & Handstamp Postmarks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoff CHILDS14/05/2013 22:26:21
1544 forum posts
1501 photos

Good Evening everybody,

I am collector of GB Illustrated Special Event covers with or without special handstamp postmarks, plain event covers and GB Slogans.

I have recently created a web site called GB Cover Collector which can be reached at www.gbcovercollector.co.uk
It is not a shop but a reference site for the above areas of collecting
Please read my about page you will see the thinking behind its creation and what I hope to achieve in the long term.
To this end I need like minded collectors to forward scanned images to increase the size of the reference data base.
I have to date uploaded around 800 illustrated covers and currently scanning plain events currently uploaded to 1968.Only a few thousand to go, including the slogans!!!!
I would appreciate any views/feedback on the site either via this medium or to info@gbcovercollector.co.uk
Many Thanks
Geoff Childs
Billy Broadland15/05/2013 09:16:56
120 forum posts
38 photos

Hi Geoff

Good idea, keep up the good work. What does the number under each cover represent, is it the order you have put them on? Would a date for each cover be an idea or would that be too big a task?

Billy

Geoff CHILDS15/05/2013 20:09:47
1544 forum posts
1501 photos

Billy,

Thanks for your kind words.

The number after each description is the catalogue number taken from the Special Event Postmarks of The United Kindom Publications by George Pearson Alan Finch & Colin Peachey. They are known as 'Pearson numbers'

When I get to uploading the slogans they will have the catalogue numbers taken from the Collecting Slogans Postmark publications of Peachey Parsons and Pearson

As regards the date I had considered putting the year before the description but decided against that due to the fact that the decade or a specific year can be selected by hovering over the illustrated/Plain & Slogan tab and making the appropriate selection.

Also when an image is expanded by clicking on it the category then shows the year.

Geoff

Geoff CHILDS17/05/2013 22:41:36
1544 forum posts
1501 photos

Received the latest and final two covers in the series of three celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the Dambusters' Raid today. Both have been uploaded on to the site and currently showing on front page as recently added.

Can also be found under year 2013 of Illustrated Event

Lovely covers from the British Forces Philiatelic Service

I am halfway thru' uploading the 1969 plain events.

Geoff (GBCC) www,gbcovercollector.co.uk

Geoff CHILDS18/05/2013 20:52:35
1544 forum posts
1501 photos

Completed uploading on to the site plain event for 1969 , around 161 images for this particular year.

Currently just over 1200 images on the site overall.

If looking on the site if you have an illustrated cover ( any year) or plain event up to and including 1969, not showing please consider sending a scanned image to info@gbcovercollector.co.uk so I can increase the size of the reference data base.

Will start scanning plain 1970 soonest and once titled will then be uploading. May take a while!!!

Geoff (GBCC)

Geoff CHILDS24/05/2013 22:39:56
1544 forum posts
1501 photos

All,

Just finished scanning the plain 1970 Special Event Postmark covers.

Hope to start uploading onto site over the weekend.

Will keep you all updaated.

Geoff (GBCC) www,gbcovercollector.co.uk

Geoff CHILDS26/05/2013 14:47:59
1544 forum posts
1501 photos
Dear All,
Have finished uploading the 1970 plain event covers, 329 plain cover images for 1970.
Over 1500 images on the site at present..
Geoff CHILDS29/05/2013 21:47:58
1544 forum posts
1501 photos

All,

Over the last 24 hours have added a few more illustrated covers, which are showing on the front page under recent products.

Amonst the covers are two that celebrate the Transglobe Polar expedition 1979-1982, a circumnavigation of the globe along the Polar axis. The cover fron 1979 is signed by Sir Ranulph Fiennes who was on the expedition.

Geoff (GBCC)

Geoff CHILDS03/06/2013 21:12:31
1544 forum posts
1501 photos

All

Have uploaded 1971 plain event onto the webste, some 188 images in total.

Now just over 1700 images on the site, Hope to have the 1972 plain uploaded this week.

Have recently uploaded some Royal Marines Museum Illustrated Event cover 1973 to 1975.

If you have any images that are not on the site please e mail them to me at info@gbcovercollector.co.uk so I can upload and increase the reference data base.

Many Thanks

Geoff (GBCC)

Geoff CHILDS05/06/2013 20:54:01
1544 forum posts
1501 photos
Dear All,

I have uploaded all the plain event covers I currently have for 1972, 94 images in total.
At present there are just over 1880 images on the site.
Will be starting on 1973 in the next few days.
On Saturday off to a Local Stamp Fair and will hopefully pick up a few covers for the collection and then to upload on to the web site.
Please continue browsing the site, if you have an illustrated Cover in your collection that you cannot see on the site please consider e mailing to me so I can upload or any special event postmarks up to 1972 on full plain cover which are also not on the site.
e mail is info@gbcovercollector.co.uk
Many Thanks

Geoff (GBCC) www.gbcovercollector.co.uk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
Michael G Read
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers