By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Jordan Stamps

November 2012 - Stamp-Hunting in Jordan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SA26/03/2013 21:39:05
49 forum posts

I'd like to thank Allan Brink for his fascinating report on stamp-hunting in Jordan.

This article was interesting enough to inspire me to contact Jordan Post and just as Allan had predicted, the service from the Jordan Post Philatelic Section has been excellent: very helpful and very responsive. I am now waiting for my first order of Jordan Stamps to arrive, following confirmation that my transfer of funds has got through to Jordan Post.

One motivating factor in looking to collect Jordan stamps is how affordable they are: the most expensive yearly collection is £25.00 for 13 sets issued. But 2009 is exceptional, with the norm being around 6-9 issues a year, at around £12-16 for the complete annual issues. Just think, a whole year's stamps at a price that is roughly the cost of the new GB Dr Who Prestige Book!

I'm also intrigued by the novel "Miniature Sheets" which resemble super-size stamps (imperforate commemorative labels) the like of which I haven't seen before.

So it's goodbye GB Post & Go, arriverderci San Marino and hello Jordan Post!

Adrian27/03/2013 08:48:13
1821 forum posts
954 photos
4 articles

Sounds good, SA! Hope you'll be able to post some of those stamps here when they arrive. We don't get to see Jordan stamps too often.

Julia Lee28/03/2013 09:41:37
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

It's rather different, but Allan has a feature on the first issue of Belgium (the 'Epaulettes' in the May issue.

Vera24/05/2013 13:06:38
59 forum posts
41 photos

The recent year packs from Jordan may be affordabale, but the 1964 set of three birds has a SG value of GBP150. One of the stamps is an Ornate Hawk Eagle..if you see one anywhere let me know. smiley

jordan ornate hawk-eagle1964.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Michael G Read
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers