By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Which engravers / engraved stamps do you most admire?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
som ghatak 104/07/2017 07:35:51
14 forum posts
8 photos
Posted by Trevor Bishop 1 on 04/07/2017 07:26:56:

Ah ha ! The answer was take the picture sideways and hey presto ! img_2724.jpg

love it my friend , it will one day land in my collection too i hope..just perfect

Adrian06/07/2017 12:12:17
1821 forum posts
954 photos
4 articles

Sorry, Som, I've no idea who engraved that Grenada stamp.

Trevor, you can always try and rotate it in a paint programme on your computer and then save the upright version. or, like you did, just take a new picture!

Here's another Martin Mörck for you all.

42.jpg

som ghatak 116/08/2017 16:15:08
14 forum posts
8 photos

I have recently acquired the famous 4 engravers art work published by Sweden Post in 2004.

Sharing the Greenland landscape engraving of Morck ..its so beautiful..morck.jpg

Adrian17/08/2017 13:45:10
1821 forum posts
954 photos
4 articles

Ah yes, those four are fab. My favourite is the eagle by Lars Sjööblom. The detail in the feathering is just stunning, I think.

58gs.jpg

Dick Lloyd Thomas07/12/2017 18:13:43
1 forum posts

Adrian,

I have just come upon this thread and as far as I can see no one has answered your inquiry as to the name of the engraver of the Spanish 1953 50ptas airmail. It would be unreasonable to believe that it could be other than the engraver Alfonso Sanchez-Toda, but I have no proof of it. The surname is the same as that of the engraver of La Maja Desnuda, and again it would be unreasonable not to believe there is a family connection. More than that I know not, except that Alfonso also enjoyed engraving nude women. No doubt there was a market for nude women, especially in Spain!

If you enjoy looking at nude women, google his name along with "grabador" -- Spanish for engraver; nothing to do with grabbing them!.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Michael G Read
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers