By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Olympics material

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julia Lee15/05/2012 11:38:37
1969 forum posts
958 photos
225 articles

Details of the 'instant stamps' which will come out for a GB win, and the Welcome to Olympics and Paralympics miniature sheets are now up.

Have a read and tell me what you think.

Carmen15/05/2012 11:44:39
380 forum posts
39 photos

My first reaction to the sheets was simply... "WOW! NICE!" Both sheets are bright and colourful and seem to "move" really well, which is a good thing because couch potatoes have never made very good athletes... wink

As for the gold medals winners' stamps, unfortunately, a picture will be worth a thousand words...

Julia Lee15/05/2012 11:49:22
1969 forum posts
958 photos
225 articles

Thank you for the reminder! I'll insert the single stamp we do have an image of; we're waiting for an image of the MS.

Julia Lee16/05/2012 08:57:14
1969 forum posts
958 photos
225 articles

We have an image of the full press sheet now.

Note that in the bottom left-hand corner is a printer location, so you will be able to tell the six different printers apart, and real completists will want six of each sheet.

Press sheet of four miniature sheets

Carmen16/05/2012 12:15:40
380 forum posts
39 photos

Well, simple design but not as appealing-looking as the others. That having been said, the individual athlete's pictures may make a difference as well.

John McCallum15/08/2012 21:29:20
343 forum posts
475 photos

How greedy can Royal Mail get?!! Paralympic miniature sheets as yet another additional expense!! How often do Royal Mail have to be told that they are in danger of alienating the collector? When will they listen?

Don't they know that there is a recession and given the choice of yet another set of stamps against feeding the family, collectors will feed the family!

I stopped collecting Canada because it got too expensive - lots of minisheet, booklets and other gimmicks to milk the collector. Funny thing was a certain Moya Green was involved with Canada Post at that time.

I enjoy collecting stamps but Royal Mail is endanger of pricing not only me but many other collectors out the market. There are other ways to improve their profits like getting the regulator to reassess the Condition 9 rates paid by other mail providors to RM for de the last livering to the last mile. If they don't look into this option, then what was the point of the Branding Project - WDelivered by Royal Mail

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
ArrowFile
Guernsey Post
Michael G Read
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Your Copies of BSMV and BCMV 2014 - Available Now!

Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    Stamp Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Digital Back Issues

Stamp Digital Back Issues