By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Postmark database

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Allan Oliver10/01/2013 03:38:49
40 forum posts
2 photos

Work on this project continues .. but has slowed due to christmas and other issues requireing my time.

There are now over 12,350 British postmark places listed and over 8,980 of these are illustrated

I hope this continues to aid fellow collectors and will be getting some more items entered in the coming weeks ...

Wishing everyone all the best for the new year ...

Regards .. ALLAN

Allan Oliver15/01/2013 01:32:33
40 forum posts
2 photos

In addition to a number of new entries that have been made ... the special postmarks such as FDI, events etc are now all designated as seperate items and are searched via an additional seach box on the main page.

This will / should make things easier for the user as when searching for standard operational marks, the list is not cluttered with all the FDI variations etc and the same applies in reverse if searching for the special marks.

Since my last update, 100 items have been added with illustrations and a few scans added to those that were missing.

The task to move the special marks to their own section will take some time and will be done as I encounter them in searches or if users let me know when they spot some still in the main listing

Over 300 marks have already been moved to this new section

ALLAN

Allan Oliver16/02/2016 14:25:25
40 forum posts
2 photos

I have been reading this board on a semi regular basis, but due to a number of reasons, have not made a post. I thought I would at least correct the last point with an update on this project ...

The above item is one of the recent additions to the database ...

The total for the British postmarks now stands at over 16,200 with over 83 percent of these illustrated. As can be seen from the total compared to the last post I made here, work has been going on with 1000's added in addition to updates of the information that is already in place.

Updates as small as a new date to extend the range listed, a new code letter or a better scan than the one shown, will all add to the details for collectors. So if you can help with any of these details or new entries for the database, please either send a scan or post on here and I will pick it up and add the details.

Many thanks to all those who have taken the time to add items, (some I know are members here), your support has kept me out of trouble ....

With thanks ... Allan

Allan Oliver16/05/2018 02:04:20
40 forum posts
2 photos

Been a while since I updated the details here ... so here goes ...

The database now has over 18,500 British postmarks listed with over 87 percent illustrated

The special marks section has various entries for censor marks, forwarding agents etc ..

In addition there is also a growing number of postmarks for Australia, Canada and the USA - however the main area of work continues to be the British marks

I know from the website stats that there are a number of visits from this thread, and I hope that the details presented are useful to collectors

Allan

Allan Oliver16/05/2018 17:36:44
40 forum posts
2 photos

Trudoxhill Som Frome

21 December 1925

The latest addition to the database

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers