By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Collecting Birds on Stamps

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julia Lee04/03/2013 11:10:57
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Nice item. I don't believe I've ever seen the other essays for the issue.

som ghatak04/03/2013 11:12:45
139 forum posts
90 photos

Thanks to stamp magazine for this i never knew about this stamp before reading SM

Julia Lee04/03/2013 11:13:18
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

That has made me smile a big, big smile.

som ghatak04/03/2013 11:14:04
139 forum posts
90 photos

U deserve it

Julia Lee05/03/2013 11:07:37
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

falkland islands predators 2.jpg

Falkland Islands - Penguins Predators and Prey (2)

From press release:

Penguins, Predators and Prey is a series of stamp issues featuring, in turn, each of the familiar Falkland penguins, together with some of their respective predators and prey.

This issue features the Rockhopper Penguin and includes one predatory species, the Johnny Rook, and one prey species, the Lobster Krill.

There are three recognized races of Rockhopper. E. c. chrysocome breeds in the Falklands and islands off Tierra del Fuego. E.c.moseleyi breeds on Tristan da Cunha, Gough, St Paul and Amsterdam Islands. E.c.filholi breeds on islands in the southern Indian Ocean and also on islands to the south of New Zealand.

Vera05/03/2013 13:44:57
59 forum posts
41 photos

I like the new Falklands set, the designs are clear and uncluttered and Johnny Rook is as handsome as ever ! By clicking on the stamp image you see brilliant detail in the enlarged scan. enlightened

Vera05/03/2013 13:53:34
59 forum posts
41 photos

Here is a perfectly cancelled stamp of a Singapore Western Yellow Wagtail for my Travelling birds map . It arrived today and I see its a 2010 reprint of the 2007 defintive series..which has had numerous reprints for all six stamps of the set. It would be quite a challenge to collect all the reprints. This particular one is labelled 2007F. I also like birds which are cancelled in their own place of residence.

singapore.yellowwagtail. eddie.jpg

Adrian06/03/2013 09:32:13
1821 forum posts
954 photos
4 articles

Went for a walk on the military range nearby yesterday as it promised to be the last sunny day for a bit. There's quite a few folk against the range, because of all the noise etc., but actually, it has an enormous advantage: it's a beatiful area, and you are rarely allowed on it, with the one and only acces route only being open if there are no exercises, which is not that often. That means that it's really a haven for wildlife.

So no real surprise then, to see two snipe in the boggy marshes of the area. They're quite shy so you don't really get the chance to see them from up close that often, but we got a perfect view of them this time. Great!

6e.jpg

Adrian13/03/2013 15:46:51
1821 forum posts
954 photos
4 articles

Iceland will be issuing a set of modern design stamps tomorrow, and surprisingly, there is a stamp among the lot which I think is splendid.

7545.jpg

Look at that puffin! Wonderful!

Julia Lee13/03/2013 15:49:09
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Wow, that reminds me a lot of the Pacific Northwest native American art we talked about a while back. Any link?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
STAMPS OF THE BRITISH ARABIA 2
Guernsey post November
Tony Lester
Michael G Read
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values