By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

The most beautiful Christmas stamp EVER!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Adrian23/12/2011 09:05:24
1814 forum posts
948 photos
4 articles

Go on, humour me and tell me which Christmas stamp you like best of all. Maybe even include a pic? You can read about mine on my blog here.

Merry Christmas!

smiley

Julia Lee23/12/2011 09:39:06
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

I've put a big comment on Adrian's blog, but couldn't illustrate it, so here are the illustrations:

Number 3

Number 2

And as for Number 1, I agree with Adrian, so you'll have to go see what he decided!

Alex23/12/2011 13:58:36
454 forum posts
69 photos

My favorite Christmas stamps, since childhood in fact, have always been the USA 1963 issue and the Australian 1964 stamp. I really love to see a big 'ol well lit Christmas tree and think that the USA stamp, showing a tree in front of the White House, is quite stunning as a display of public celebration of the spirit of Christmas. The Australia stamp is more sentimental, showing the awe kids feel at this special time. My favorite British Christmas stamp is the 1983 one with a cat on a roof as above it sparkle the midnight stars.

Adrian24/12/2011 09:22:29
1814 forum posts
948 photos
4 articles

Oh no, Julia, your number 3 is horrid! I like your number 2 though!

smiley

And I like your US stamp, Alex. It reminded me that the US has issued a lot of clean, simple Christmas stamps. My favourite US set is the 1964 set. Very nice.

And here's the 1983 GB Christmas stamp.

That is quite a nice stamp and set as well, yes. Not sure if everyone will agree with this particular colour scheme though (ducks).

cheeky

Edited By Adrian on 24/12/2011 09:23:05

Carmen24/12/2011 13:50:57
485 forum posts
54 photos

Hmmm, I must admit that most Canada Post Christmas offerings have left me ho-hum, with a few exceptions.

In 2003 they did a series like this one, which I like because the gift is outside the frame:

Then in 2009, they did a beautiful religious set based on the sculptures of Antonio Caruso:

And to note this year, they've done some beautiful stained glass windows taken from St. mary's Cathedral which is right here in my own (beautiful) town of Kingston, Ontario, just one block down from Bethel Church, where I work:

COOL, huh?!

Edited By Carmen on 24/12/2011 13:51:56

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim 7
Guernsey post November
Michael G Read
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers