Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Issued on January 23, 2018

Julian16/01/2018 16:44:29
626 forum posts
261 photos

There was me thinking they stopped the "verdict" article, this clearly goes to show how unwell I am lol.

I do agree with the verdict on this, even with criticism of commemorative meaning the show is on cable and in cinema but people who like this type of thing may argue their validity.

Commemorative worth:I agree 1/5

Quality of design: I do not agree with, even without knowing the show or film these look good and I am sure if you got one through the post you may start a conversation, I know I would. 4/5

Wow factor: I think thats an unfair score they good looking stamps while right someone who does not know the show would say that, it is unfair to say it. 4/5

Trevor Bishop 117/01/2018 10:52:58
157 forum posts
51 photos

Hi Julian , I hope you're feeling much better 😀Now .

Glad to see you're back , I missed your ramblings . Re Game of thrones : I had to wonder WHY the PO brought out a set for game of thrones, as the subject had very little interested to many people . But , call me cynical I was thinking that by bringing SO many sets , Post & go (good for income ) booklets & the many varieties of machins to try & rake in more income & probably put off stamp collectors they then came up with a cunning plan to tap more money from other non collectors like Star Wars, Dr Who ,lord if the rings & a like who will want to buy anything related to their obsession , sorry hobby .

Oh well if that's what they want to do - sadly I think they're slowly killing off modern stamp collecting in the UK , time will tell .

Trev

Trevor Bishop 117/01/2018 11:03:24
157 forum posts
51 photos

...... But on the plus side it's good to see a set of 1st class stamps , so we have some chance of receiving one on a Postal item - . Perhaps I'll keep a collection of "stamps received in the post 2018" - one page should be enough .

Could be an interesting exhibit ?

Trev

Alex17/01/2018 15:30:29
562 forum posts
7 photos

Well good luck with that. Just a question, what size page are you using? A5?

Billy Broadland17/01/2018 16:12:28
136 forum posts
40 photos

Oh Trevor you are cynical!!

I can't believe R.M. would issue sets of stamps just to raise revenue!!

The only stamps I receive these days are from overseas sellers from ebay.

I stopped collecting G.B. new issues about twenty years ago, my pockets weren't that deep!!

Geoff CHILDS22/01/2018 19:38:35
1680 forum posts
1685 photos

Interestingly, on the day before the issue no other sponsored postmarks appear to have been published other than the Tallents House and Alternative FDI.

Is this due to the issue being kept under wraps no sponsors could design etc and get to Royal Mail in time for tomorrows issue? or Royal Mail are late in letting collectors know what will be available re sponsored postmarks

If anyone has any information on any sponsored postmarks it would be much appreciated.

Geoff (GBCC) www.gbcovercollector.co.uk

Geoff CHILDS23/01/2018 19:58:35
1680 forum posts
1685 photos

Further to the above post of mine , my gratitude to Ian of Norvic Philatelics for making me aware of the additional information that Royal mail supply via a different page in regards of postmarks ihat are announced between the times the Postmark Bulletin is published

Links is **LINK**

Geoff (GBCC) www.gbcovercollector.co.uk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers