By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Perfin ID please . Anyone still out there ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Trevor Bishop 108/12/2017 11:30:25
153 forum posts
49 photos

Hi there ,

I'm wondering if anyone can ID a perfin please on a EDVII stamp . A giant DK hole count 12,12- I can't find it in the Tomkins directory 2004 .

I found an excellent website called Grace's which list many old industrial companies - fascinating .

Thanks

Trev

Paul Davey 108/12/2017 17:52:41
370 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Trev - I'm still here, but I would look at Tomkins too so I can't id it for you. Any legible cancel or part which might help?

Seems like Stamp Magazine doesn't want to police its own Forums so spam remains and the spammers are not removed from membership. As a mod I can delete individual posts but not the whole thread or the miscreants who post to them. Unless it is moderated better by the owner I fear it will become so spam heavy nobody else will visit.

Shame. Ho hum

Paul

Trevor Bishop 108/12/2017 19:36:14
153 forum posts
49 photos

Hi Paul ,

Alas I feel you are right , what happened to Julian ? I enjoyed reading his witterings .

I don't have the stamp close by at the moment but all the EDVII stamps I acquired in one lot were from the Preston , Manchester areas tho some of the other perfins came FROM other REGIONS & were posted to Preston area. I ID'd a few JTS , JAS, M&K,JHM ,RT/&S ,L&S /Ld

There are no DK's at all . Has there been an updated Tomkins list since 2003 or is it ongoing each year ?

Regards

Trev

Edited By Trevor Bishop 1 on 08/12/2017 19:49:33

Geoff CHILDS09/12/2017 19:36:42
1644 forum posts
1650 photos

Trevor,

Have you tried contacting the Perfin Society **LINK**

I think if you contact the librarian, Roy, his e mail is on the library page , he/they may be able to help.

I used to belong to them and it is a very helpful Society.

Geoff (GBCC) www.gbcovercollector.co.uk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers