Major Collection

A major stamp collection

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gary Sprake01/11/2017 17:06:51
1 forum posts
9 photos

Hello

A German relative of the family has just past away and we have just made the journey from the he UK to Germany to pay our respects and view the estate that has been left. We went to view the house and we were astounded to find a 5 floored house with one floor dedicated to stamp collecting. The collection was apparently 70 years in the making with our relative passing at he age of 94. I have never seen anything quite like it and I would appreciate any opinion. There is at least 700 folders with most of the stamps unmarked. The photos are just a small part of the collection which is all in folders and is sorted into countries 

Edited By Gary Sprake on 01/11/2017 17:16:13

Paul Davey 101/11/2017 17:16:02
354 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Gary

for something like that you need professional help! If you Google stamp auctioneers in Germany I would give one of them a call. Depends where the collection is but I have dealt with one of them & been happy with the result. Happy to PM details. The reason I suggest this is they will have a better market for German material and are used to dealing with large lots. Shipping it all to the UK would be expensive and give potential customs issues.

Alternatively turn over a floor of your house to stamps and join us collectors!

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Michael G Read
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers