By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Ladybird books

memories

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Educational Reading For Generations Of Kids

Educational Reading For Generations Of Kids

On September 14 Royal Mail will issue a set of eight stamps celebrating Ladybird books, which have had a huge influence on generations of British children.

Julian07/10/2017 15:37:08
619 forum posts
260 photos

Wow when I saw this it threw me back to my primary school days, I can remember reading these books, taking them home and having mum read them with you. I think it also inspired my mum to buy me for Christmas once a HUGE picture Bible. I read that twice and had many questions my mum could not answer ha ha ha and it is ironic that I have indeed not so long ago asked vicars and religious people the same questions!!!!

I love the "oh well its God's plan" or "this is how it is supposed to be". I have found the answers out for myself since 2008 but that is not about stamps lol lol.

I wonder how many proffessional people will find things wrong with the content in these books and supposedly hidden meanings blah blah, you know like Andy Pandy and Magic Roundabout.....

However these were the days of innocence!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Michael G Read
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers