By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Machines and stamp packs

Winner

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian07/10/2017 15:18:08
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi all sorry not been in here but am suffering with my health, NOT EVEN Ebay!!!

I got my post this morning and was pleasently surprised to see I won another comp and I really chuffed with this set of the Machin.

Now if Stamp packs could be like this I would collect them.

machin.jpg

machin 1.jpg

Again I have no reasoning why I like these but its probably the styles even though I have most in singles. I totally love the £1 gold stamp as this takes me back to my mistake in paying way over the odds for the Diana ones which I have many. (Staffa)

I also admire the 6 x old stamp designs, I do have an assortment of previous issues but not full sets unfortunately.

My heart goes out to the posties and their strike and I do understand their frustration with RM raiding and abusing Pension or rights. I said this a long time ago when they did this with a lot of pensions and raided the pots to leave the people with little in the pot. It is a crime without doubt but that was Conservatives for you.. Makes you laugh when they make commercials for pensions blah blah bah just for companies to raid them. The world is surely sick and immoral.

But well done RM a nice collectors pack indeed, just don't say you want them back.........................

Edited By Julian on 07/10/2017 15:20:44

Alex09/10/2017 17:46:16
543 forum posts
3 photos

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather.

That is a nice item you have won, good for you.

Al

Julian10/10/2017 18:59:03
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi Alex thanks for thoughts I may even be emigrating myself!!!!!

Bill Kelley11/11/2017 15:57:52
1 forum posts

Hi Julian: glad to hear you're feeling better....

I'm curious about the item you pictured. I saw what appears to be commemorative packets at https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/Album-of-UK-Commemoratives/39042795/LotDetail.asp?lid=39042795&origin=1

I'm wondering if you know whether these packets are also machine packets? Other items in that sale are described as Machin books but are not commemoratives.

Bill

Paul Davey 111/11/2017 17:09:13
353 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Bill - welcome to the forum.

The packs shown in your link are Presentation Packs. Virtually all issues from Royal Mail come out in packs and some people still collect them. Of course the stamps are valid for postage so if you bought them you could still use the contents on the Christmas cards this year! They are sold from the Bureau or from some Post Offices.

Arnold Machin was the designer of the image of the Queen which first appeared in the 1960s and continues in use to this day, thus best seen on definitives.

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
varisell stamps
Michael G Read
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers