Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Stephen Teuma04/10/2017 13:26:45
13 forum posts
9 photos
Second picture.
Julian07/10/2017 16:04:23
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi again Stephen wow not sure at all with this stamp I see what your saying but it would I think depend upon how this appears with the naked eye because as I expand this picture myself it is very hard to say what that line is? The fact it is very fine I'm again not so sure you can call it a flaw and I think a flaw should stand out but we see stamps coming through here with the same claims. If I were you on this one I would not be as keen to claim it however still worth keeping just in case. IN my defense I'm going to say with this stamp you need it in front of you where as the other one is clear to see. I have become very wary of sellotape lifting and scratching however both yours indicate otherwise sellotape usually is around the edge of a stamp and not dead center but scratching?

There are so many reasons but of course on modern stamps does this type of interference make a stamp valuable to the degree of doing it?!! I suggest not. Would you buy a stamp that is not known with flaw error at a marked up price? I think this comes back to what you find yourself interesting, personally I would never throw it away. I do not collect error stamps for value but I do keep them for the fact it is one of a kind maybe. You know that old feeling "I got something no one else has"

But you got better eyesight than me with this stamp that's for sure.

Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Michael G Read
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers