By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

The Machin thread

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Stephen Teuma04/10/2017 13:25:38
13 forum posts
9 photos
Hi. I''ve just found these 2 Machins in my collection but can''t find the flaws in my GB pt 4. However mine is 1981 issue. Can anyone shed light please? They are both 1p crimson. One has a white flaw across queens neck, like a choker and the other has a scratch through the stamp from bottom of hair, passed end if eye and tbrough front of dress.
Julian07/10/2017 15:46:24
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi Stephen,

Its definitely a flaw you say and not a scratch as the post cancel runs with it is all I wonder??

Whilst I say that the fact it only runs across the neck does suggest a misprint. I have not seen this anywhere but I have little knowledge on Machines as was really only introduced to them from this site, I never took any notice of them until then which was only a few months back so I cannot say. I did take an interest in faults but its not well informed, so I cannot be of much help other than look at the stamp closely to make out if a scratch otherwise well worth keeping if a flaw.

These are the stamps I keep if received, just in case???

Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Michael G Read
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers