By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Hoping for Info/Advice

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
wraf13706/09/2017 12:23:33
2 forum posts

Hello. I wonder if anyone could help please.

I have a Stanley Gibbons flyer, A3 size folded so it has 4 x A4 sides. It is for the 1981 Royal Wedding, advertising, "A Valuable and Historic Philatelic Souvenir from Stanley Gibbons". The front page consists mainly of a photograph of Westminster Abbey. But, of course, the wedding was actually held at St Paul's Cathedral.

I was living overseas at the time of the engagement and was given this flyer by someone who worked for the Philatelic Bureau.

I've often wondered if it is worth anything because of the error, other than novelty value. Could anyone please advise?

Julian06/09/2017 18:44:02
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi Wraf,

Westminster Abbey was the funeral church place so that's odd?

You see these on Ebay every now and again but I cannot ever think of hearing about the St Pauls being replaced with Westminster Abbey?

The problem as to value is just how many of these are in circulation if it is an error, Westminster Abbey would be where they normally would have got wed so it maybe was a pre circular? If that is the case and not many were printed it could be worth a few Bob!

I would email Stanley Gibbons and ask them but I would imagine there will be many of these around, its not the sort of thing to be a one off, UNLESS it was a proof to publication.

That's where I would go anyway with that one.

Sorry cannot be of more help but it was not the sort of thing I collected.

Julian

wraf13708/09/2017 10:21:34
2 forum posts

Thank you Julian, I'll try e-mailing Stanley Gibbons.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Michael G Read
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers