By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

GB Error

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alistair Garner03/09/2017 20:58:25
17 forum posts
27 photos

Hi, as a collector of GB Errors, I came across this £5 Castle a few months ago, the left hand 5 (of £5) being hollow, as opposed to being solid.

Has anyone else come across this, or is anyone aware that it may be a listed fault?

5.jpg

Trevor Bishop 104/09/2017 05:57:06
145 forum posts
48 photos

Hi there

Yes I see what you mean and it also affects the W in Windsor . The stamp on the right is a darker shade which leads me to think that it was running out of ink and so just didn't have enough to print it fully .

In contrast I have a £1.50 stamp of the same set which is over inked and has very untidy spidery ink bits coming out of the lettering & numbers .

I think it's just the randomness of the printing process . Interesting tho .

Trev

Edited By Trevor Bishop 1 on 04/09/2017 06:05:06

Alistair Garner04/09/2017 09:07:57
17 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Trev, I hadn't noticed the wording is fading from at the right to the left, so perhaps just a weird dry print?

Julian04/09/2017 18:01:35
627 forum posts
261 photos

Hi Alistair,

There were a number faults with these stamps and I am sure has been brought up before. I cant remember off hand but if you search for faults with this stamp I'm sure you'll find the list. The only reason I remember is the on some of these the wording slants and sometimes not even at all appears.

If you don't have any success finding it, make a post and I will look through my list of sites on errors but I'm sure you will.

Alistair Garner04/09/2017 19:31:25
17 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Julian, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction, I've not been successful in finding any relevant details.

Julian06/09/2017 18:20:32
627 forum posts
261 photos

Hi Alistair sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I have been through my Pierrons links and indeed some others and I have not been able to find this particular error, so it may well be a one off error but I am sure someone else made a post in here about the same type stamp and that the word print was off shift and it was then that searching the net i saved these Pierrons links for this particular issue of stamps. So I'm either mistaken on your particular error and thinking of a different error series or I have seen it elsewhere on auction sites.

So I cannot help on this occasion my friend, sorry.

Julian

Alistair Garner06/09/2017 21:34:55
17 forum posts
27 photos

No problem Julian, thanks for going to the trouble of looking.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    Stamp Magazine and receive a FREE gift