By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

GB Error

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alistair Garner03/09/2017 20:58:25
17 forum posts
27 photos

Hi, as a collector of GB Errors, I came across this £5 Castle a few months ago, the left hand 5 (of £5) being hollow, as opposed to being solid.

Has anyone else come across this, or is anyone aware that it may be a listed fault?

5.jpg

Trevor Bishop 104/09/2017 05:57:06
127 forum posts
45 photos

Hi there

Yes I see what you mean and it also affects the W in Windsor . The stamp on the right is a darker shade which leads me to think that it was running out of ink and so just didn't have enough to print it fully .

In contrast I have a £1.50 stamp of the same set which is over inked and has very untidy spidery ink bits coming out of the lettering & numbers .

I think it's just the randomness of the printing process . Interesting tho .

Trev

Edited By Trevor Bishop 1 on 04/09/2017 06:05:06

Alistair Garner04/09/2017 09:07:57
17 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Trev, I hadn't noticed the wording is fading from at the right to the left, so perhaps just a weird dry print?

Julian04/09/2017 18:01:35
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi Alistair,

There were a number faults with these stamps and I am sure has been brought up before. I cant remember off hand but if you search for faults with this stamp I'm sure you'll find the list. The only reason I remember is the on some of these the wording slants and sometimes not even at all appears.

If you don't have any success finding it, make a post and I will look through my list of sites on errors but I'm sure you will.

Alistair Garner04/09/2017 19:31:25
17 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Julian, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction, I've not been successful in finding any relevant details.

Julian06/09/2017 18:20:32
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi Alistair sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I have been through my Pierrons links and indeed some others and I have not been able to find this particular error, so it may well be a one off error but I am sure someone else made a post in here about the same type stamp and that the word print was off shift and it was then that searching the net i saved these Pierrons links for this particular issue of stamps. So I'm either mistaken on your particular error and thinking of a different error series or I have seen it elsewhere on auction sites.

So I cannot help on this occasion my friend, sorry.

Julian

Alistair Garner06/09/2017 21:34:55
17 forum posts
27 photos

No problem Julian, thanks for going to the trouble of looking.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Michael G Read
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers