By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Bermuda GeorgeVI High values

Anyone help

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Keith DUFFY10/08/2017 14:13:52
8 forum posts
11 photos

img20170810_10235681.jpgimg20170810_10192237.jpgimg20170809_12001862.jpgI am in the middle of selling off my world and commonwealth stamps. I cam across these 2 pages in my album, which I "identified" and catalogued them from my 2001 Gibbons British Commonwealth catalogue. When I totalled them up, thought they might be more suitable for big auction house. I am now wanting re-assurance as to the specific stamps. Not being a member of any club, would love some help etc.img20170806_12454623.jpg

Julian10/08/2017 15:19:49
597 forum posts
253 photos

The link below is an auction site with guide prices and sold prices. American I know but it still helps.

**LINK**

I have struggled to find any prices for these stamps to be honest.

Ebay is usually my first port of call and all the stamps on there are all BIN's which is not a help you may as well look at your Catalogue prices.

Catalogue values mean little from my experience with regard market values. Supply and demand will be your answer of course.

They look pretty clean and so forth and I quickly see there are many varieties of these so I would assume collectible.

I do not have that Catalogue so cannot even begin to help.

OK I spent a bit of time on this and ALL I would say is search the net for this type stamp and look for auction houses rather than EBay or the like. You need to find out what the sold prices were but I have not got the time to write down the collection and search, I'm sorry to say. Even the Auction houses seem to all be American but its still a guide.

Personally I would think your maybe in the right way of thinking on this set. Its weighing up the cost of an Auction house & charges, even Ebay is not cheap any more.

Julian10/08/2017 15:26:41
597 forum posts
253 photos

As an added note to my post if you do search Ebay and even the BIN's you will see they quote cat prices and then their asking price which is half or less. Its not the best guide but it sort of tells you something about Cat Values at least!

I think its the fact you seem to have sets that will appeal and push up the price!

I am sure someone maybe better informed than me though.

Take care

Paul Davey 110/08/2017 17:07:13
341 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Keith

a nice couple of pages to find! There are a number on there with catalogue prices of several hundred £s each.

I think it would make a fine lot in a big auction. I note there are a few used as well as mint. I also suggest that you don't fold the marginal items. There are many varieties of these keyplates and if it happens that you have one, there is a premium for marginal examples. Worth getting an up-to-date SG 1840-1970 commonwealth & checking.

Of course a smaller auction may break the lot down a bit more for a bigger total (or a few unsolds - life's a gamble after all!)

If you are UK based there are many advertisers on this very site who may be interested.

Good luck!

Paul

Keith DUFFY10/08/2017 19:28:54
8 forum posts
11 photos

Thank you all for your guidance. The main trouble I am finding is that on Ebay etc, they are mainly mounted mint.that are offered. All of these, except Sg121d and e, are unmounted mint.

If there is anyone that is serious about them, they can contact me, but I did not enter the forum as a sales pitch.

My 2001 catalogue listed them at £4100, but I do know that I will never get that, or anything like it.

Thanks again. Keith

Julian10/08/2017 20:22:58
597 forum posts
253 photos

Hi Keith,

I think maybe as a collection you would see close to that. Some of those auction sites suggest figures in that area,

I did wonder what figure you had in mind and I was right.

I am in no way that serious about stamps I'm afraid £10 makes me wince.

They do look good though and I never would have thought Bermuda stamps would fetch that sort of money.

Best thing is send a few emails to your local Philatetic Auction house or as advertised in here as Paul has mentioned and see what interest they come back with?

Go from there, or maybe someone in here is flush and will make you an offer now you declared an interest to sell.

Good Luck indeed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
STAMPS OF THE BRITISH ARABIA 2
Michael G Read
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values