By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Childhood stirs memories

archive article stamp magazine

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian11/07/2017 14:40:12
619 forum posts
260 photos

Yes looking at this set of stamps it certainly does bring back memories, although I am old enough to remember these I only saw the re runs cheeky I wish.

Its funny what images can do but I also remember the so called experts and their comments about hidden meanings and sexual orientation of them, Andy Pandy being one of them along with the Magic Roundabout. As a kid I never once took anything in other than the fact they were funny. However I did not like Andy Pandy I have to say, there was something odd about it, I liked Flobber lobber lob better (Flower pot men).

So out of this 12 I know all but 1 and that is Peppa Pig, being channel 5 says a lot I suppose? Favourites not here Poggles Wood, Trumpton, The Clangers, Thomas the Tank although I know the RM did an issue all of its own for Thomas in 2011 and to be honest, I do feel it was the narration that actually made these programmes rather than characters.

And this was the big change in society, maybe to do with the loss of Mary Whitehouse and what do we have on TV these days, absolute garbage from kids to adults, which is why I got rid of my TV in 2001. Innocence and good humour lost to graphics, bad language and sex.

So maybe these experts wanted it this way by ruining the innocence and inventing this depravity so it made way for what we have now, a method to the madness. I'm so glad I'm a big kid because I do only have to look at these and a smile appears on my face.

Below Thomas Tank Mini sheet

110614_thomas_mini-sheet.jpg

Below set of 6 perf stamps 2011 issue

royal_mail_on_track_for_thomas_the_tank_engine_stamps.jpg

Edited By Julian on 11/07/2017 14:50:07

Mia Stampuser05/08/2017 19:49:06
12 forum posts
1 photos

I got a load of James available to use.

I'm more of an Ivor The Engine train person!

Are you looking forward to the Classic Toys issue due out later this month?

Julian05/08/2017 23:47:25
619 forum posts
260 photos

I used to baby sit for a friend and his boy would watch it over and over on video, used drive me nuts. Trouble was for the temptation to fall asleep!!

More than likely as I am a big kid at heart, you like your engines butch then Ivor, or do you have a touch of Welsh in your blood?!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Michael G Read
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers