By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

June issue stamps/website

So have they now also stopped verdicts of issues

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Workshops wound by wind and water

Workshops wound by wind and water

The Windmills & Watermills set will salute an endearing and important part of Britainís industrial archaeology

Julian09/06/2017 14:36:41
619 forum posts
260 photos

Oh how I would have loved to give a verdict and seen what they would have said about this set?

I would have thought they could have taken better pictures for this issue? At least the weather was good when they took them!!!

Good subject matter though and to remind us at least of how hard life was.

This is both sets of this months RM issues so I am going to assume they are not going to do the verdict of issues any more on this web site?

So here goes with mine anyway lol.

Commemorative Worth:  4/5  As I do not believe there is a specific date to commemorate I would this 4 but as a social subject alone I would give 5.  I think anything which makes us remember how we have come on in living standards and how hard life was back in those days is worth putting on a stamp and indeed writing about.

Quality of design: 3 / 5  Sadly let down by the photographer, a few steps back and or different angles, could have provided better pictures  But still worth a 3.

Wow Factor:  5 / 5 , Yes I would give 5 for this, as I would look twice if this came through the letter box, a nice stamp anyway and something which is of our heritage, gone are the days as well, the rivers some of these mills sat on.   I can think of a few in my own life time that would struggle to work now, simply because river flow is non existent.

I do like this set I have to say.

Edited By Julian on 09/06/2017 15:10:48

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
Michael G Read
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers