By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

R M Label

New Labels

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian19/05/2017 20:32:31
627 forum posts
261 photos

was talk with the P.O girls joking about me using old stamps and so forth and I said about how people prefer to have stamps to labels and I pointed to something on her desk and I said "yes that sort of thing" in disgust. I thought it was a label on a envelope!!!!!

She said these things are a pain they don't go through the printer well and come out botched, she went away to find something that had been done but it had already gone. So it was not that long ago we had these?

old po label.jpg

I thought these were quite nice to be honest, at least they look like a stamp. However we now have these!

new labels po.jpg

I do not know how long they been in service but is this just another way of conditioning us to black and white labels which appear on ordinary junk mail?!!

I think the Stamp Magazine should have a review on these and ask what Verdict they'd give. I personally can't believe RM have changed to it other than having an agenda of their own!! I think they are yuk yuk yuk.

The only thing is, I wonder with the old gold label, it was very hard to read any print on it, so I wonder if RM had complaints on that level, maybe even at sorting office level.

Makes you wonder though, they could have made it a bit more stamp like, for geez sake.

Alex21/05/2017 18:25:58
550 forum posts
3 photos

Well, at least they are still using the old Machin heads, so a sense of continuity.

I used to collect these gold labels but when I moved house a couple of years ago I got rid of that collection.

I have to say that the white labels are quite classy and more suited to the present era of austerity compared to the brash bling bling golden labels of the Blair years!

Julian22/05/2017 09:37:54
627 forum posts
261 photos

Hi Alex, well the P.O girls don't like them and I think they are too bland, had the just made the gold to white maybe have been better but then you would conflict with the printing again? I never thought of the bling bling years I am not quite sure how old the gold ones are or indeed these white ones.

I certainly see them as a conditioning to normal labels we see on standard junk mail and in fact I am surprised RM still print prices on these labels.

Still don't like them why not choose RM Red with their logo and Queens head, much more meaningful as well lol lol.

Michael Palmer 204/01/2018 20:02:28
15 forum posts

Someone is still collecting them
One of the recent source about horizons:
Horizon Label Collector's Album https://www.digitalsellz.com/p/MTkxNDI

Edited By Michael Palmer 2 on 04/01/2018 20:06:11

Julian16/01/2018 15:53:44
627 forum posts
261 photos

Hi Michael,

Yes I try and keep up with the P.O on these labels if I can and its interesting chatting with the staff about there pros and cons of use, like with the now used white label which has caused many problems with their printers when adding price and so forth. Again to get one blank I think is a collectors dream, something again goes back to the childhood feeling you have something not many will have in their collections.

Michael Palmer 216/01/2018 20:47:57
15 forum posts

Black & Red overprint

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Michael G Read
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values