By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Wildings

Need a bit of help with identifying stamps

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Stephen Freeman 112/05/2017 23:12:42
4 forum posts

Oh what fun!

But does everyone have the same issues with watermarks as me?

I've got the fluid, I've got the Signoscope (nearly break my fingers tightening the screw) and still many watermarks are indistinguishable, Wait till I get to phosphor

Why o why did I start all this?

But still really enjoying it!

Steve

Julian13/05/2017 09:06:24
518 forum posts
229 photos

Hi Stephen,

Yeah I just been through that myself but with my theme its not important watermarks, but I have recently got interested with error stamps and phosphors come into this. I feel watermarks in your case with older stamps maybe more worthy of knowing or finding but unless this is dramatically alter the value of the stamp, I would not worry. Many articles on the net about these subjects. As you have just seen with plate numbers I think once you instinctively know what and where to look, this is half the battle and can only come with study time.

The one thing I have learned in my time in here is, stamps without a doubt is the most interesting and sometimes most complicated subjects I have ever come across, which I hastily add gives the subject its appeal.

At the moment I am being drawn to German 1st and 2nd WW stamps but to start all over again is a daunting prospect.

If I had a bigger house would help! A bigger Library but as I have also learned the internet and its source of information is the best tool anyone can have.

Also and keep this quiet, stamps are like women, they have all these little quirky things that keep an interest burning inside, you think you have learned and seen everything then all of a sudden something else appears?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Michael G Read
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values