By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

German Stock Book

Post Horns

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian08/04/2017 15:40:31
383 forum posts
182 photos

A stock book I have just acquired with a lovely gold emblem of the German Post horn, which I learned from Alex just a while ago.

There is No writing or anything inside to say maker but a beautiful bound stock book.

german.jpg

Alex09/04/2017 12:21:48
477 forum posts
121 photos

Nicely embossed cover. I have always used German stock albums ever since I first started collecting stamps in Germany back in the 1970s.

I use mainly the Leuchtturm / Lighthouse make these days for most of my collections. My postal history stuff is housed in their Vario sleeves and kept in their Vario albums with their slipcases.

My 1870s - 1945 German stamp collection is kept in their delux leather albums with black pages with clear glassine strips, and again in slipcases.

The only collection I have written up is my American Wild West one and it is housed in a Lighthouse peg album, again with a slipcase.

The rest of my stamp collection resides in some cheaper German and Dutch albums, again all have black pages and clear glassine strips but no slipcases.

Much of my FDCs collection is kept in Wh Smith FDC albums.

My coin collection is also kept in Lighthouse metal coin cases except for my Roman coins who live in a wooden Lighthouse case.

Julian09/04/2017 15:53:00
383 forum posts
182 photos

oh Alex you made me chuckle, well my coins in bulk are in plastic sorting trays which you put various nuts and bolts or screws in. My main collect are proof sets so they are in cases but in 2014 I think maybe before I stopped buying them because just like the RM and stamp packs just hiked the prices up way beyond the coins worth, they have done this with fancy casing to make it appear there is value which is just for the blind, I collection as best as can be year sets through the change we get and thats it now but I am thinking about handing over the £1 when they change, will be sad to do it but I have collected the 1988 £1 because of low mintage so they will become valuable. My Old notes are on the wall in frames, I enjoy looking at them takes me back to a child which was not that long ago wink

Do you know, I have stamps and FDC's all over the house and even my stamps are not in posh cases and I only recently learned the different between Glassine and they other type which I cant remember right now Argggggghhhhhhh, I only saw it about 3 days ago???????

If I saw a bargain bunch of used stamps I always brought them and in the end had to buy a album just for those.

This red one is for mint sets GB and as I say is what is being made up from mint GBs I have purchased, the ones in bulk I am sorting for errors and if non found the get used, the PO love seeing me as these are all 70 & 80's I have done pretty well making sets up.

I am a member of the RM info group and the stuff they keep asking about recently tells me main PO's are going to be a thing of the past soon, I saw a guy walking around in ours the other day measuring up and asking what rooms did what, so I reckon ours is being revalued for sale. I will be totally lost without our PO, I do not like little local ones as they are ALWAYS busy for pensioners.

And whilst yes its good you can do all this from home, people need to understand your saving the RM loads of money by doing so and thus creating or making things worse, of which they will regret.

Alex10/04/2017 11:00:49
477 forum posts
121 photos

One thing I picked up living in Germany was a liking for tidiness and order! After some years of having all sorts of albums, etc I decided about ten years ago to organise my collections better. They now are housed in a small bookcase in my study.

img_9023.jpg

The overflow is in a IKEA box somewhere.

Julian10/04/2017 19:16:17
383 forum posts
182 photos

I wish my house had a study, but then it would only be cluttered as my little ole house is and I mean its little.

I have two book shelves on the stair landing full, I have cabinets in living room full and even under the stairs I have boxes full, that is my overflow and trust me the one thing I learned about living alone, is not to be tidy.

I have got to go under stairs for a few reasons and its no fun having to get all those things out to update them. I will not tell you whats up in my loft, needless to say its full.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Michael G Read
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers