Royal Wedding 1981

Burkino Faso sheetlet

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian11/02/2017 14:08:53
335 forum posts
162 photos

rep haute volta.jpg

I have acquired 5 of these and whilst I have them on FDC's I don't as sheets. I have through cheating just found out where the Republique de Haute Volta is (Burkino Faso) and that there is another sheet at least that makes a set.

What I find odd here is, the date which is 1983 is a bit late for the Royal Wedding which seems to be which comes up on the internet as what it is.

1981, 82 & 84 are generally the Issue dates as wedding, birthday or birth.

Does anyone have a clue why these are 1983 and with no over print they do not make sense.

Carmen13/02/2017 13:14:16
485 forum posts
54 photos

Ummm... from Upper Volta Post: "1983: Commemorating the Year We Wanted To Make More Money Off Royalty Stamp Collectors."

LOL! cheeky

Julian14/02/2017 11:41:34
335 forum posts
162 photos

Ummmm smacks Carmen butt, you cheeky thingdevil

However, it does suggest money making, as 2 years after the event that they decide to print an issue!

I have come to realise what a money making machine Royalty is. I suppose Upper Volta to Burkino Faso is some diplomatic change as well?

Carmen14/02/2017 13:14:01
485 forum posts
54 photos

It is indeed, as I myself am a collector of royalty stamps, among my other interests (soccer, cats, Titanic and a category I've created I call "Irony" - that's things like a Cuban communist stamp issuing a stamp commemorating George Washington as if he was some sort of Red People's Liberator... another money grab by people who desp[ise capitalism... that kind of thing!). cheeky

And as for the cheekiness, you're welcome! devil

Julian14/02/2017 15:42:12
335 forum posts
162 photos

I spent ages looking at this sheet wondering how they can use a wedding image in 1983 or even have the cheek to print it. Its odd though because I am sure I have wedding FDC's with this stamp or sheets on it, I might be confusing it with another such country like the Ivory Coast?! As with Alex royalty answer they ALL use this Rose type image or print I think there are 4 States around Africa that use it.

I was looking for an OP but of course the years are 1981, 2 and 4 around this time so 83 just threw me. but an OP for Birthday or Birth was what I was looking for. HA HA HA wedding NOT, 2 years after the event!!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim 7
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Michael G Read
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers