Royal Wedding 1981

Burkino Faso sheetlet

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian11/02/2017 14:08:53
517 forum posts
229 photos

rep haute volta.jpg

I have acquired 5 of these and whilst I have them on FDC's I don't as sheets. I have through cheating just found out where the Republique de Haute Volta is (Burkino Faso) and that there is another sheet at least that makes a set.

What I find odd here is, the date which is 1983 is a bit late for the Royal Wedding which seems to be which comes up on the internet as what it is.

1981, 82 & 84 are generally the Issue dates as wedding, birthday or birth.

Does anyone have a clue why these are 1983 and with no over print they do not make sense.

Carmen13/02/2017 13:14:16
489 forum posts
55 photos

Ummm... from Upper Volta Post: "1983: Commemorating the Year We Wanted To Make More Money Off Royalty Stamp Collectors."

LOL! cheeky

Julian14/02/2017 11:41:34
517 forum posts
229 photos

Ummmm smacks Carmen butt, you cheeky thingdevil

However, it does suggest money making, as 2 years after the event that they decide to print an issue!

I have come to realise what a money making machine Royalty is. I suppose Upper Volta to Burkino Faso is some diplomatic change as well?

Carmen14/02/2017 13:14:01
489 forum posts
55 photos

It is indeed, as I myself am a collector of royalty stamps, among my other interests (soccer, cats, Titanic and a category I've created I call "Irony" - that's things like a Cuban communist stamp issuing a stamp commemorating George Washington as if he was some sort of Red People's Liberator... another money grab by people who desp[ise capitalism... that kind of thing!). cheeky

And as for the cheekiness, you're welcome! devil

Julian14/02/2017 15:42:12
517 forum posts
229 photos

I spent ages looking at this sheet wondering how they can use a wedding image in 1983 or even have the cheek to print it. Its odd though because I am sure I have wedding FDC's with this stamp or sheets on it, I might be confusing it with another such country like the Ivory Coast?! As with Alex royalty answer they ALL use this Rose type image or print I think there are 4 States around Africa that use it.

I was looking for an OP but of course the years are 1981, 2 and 4 around this time so 83 just threw me. but an OP for Birthday or Birth was what I was looking for. HA HA HA wedding NOT, 2 years after the event!!!!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
varisell stamps
Michael G Read
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values