By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Free Windsor binders

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Doyle11/01/2017 12:01:01
16 forum posts
3 photos

Not sure if this should better go in the swaps section- I have a few Stanley Gibbons Windsor springback binders going spare, in red and in green- free to a good home if you cover the postage. Anybody want them? Good for splitting up your bulging binder into different volumes.

Julian11/01/2017 18:56:11
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi Paul are these the 24 prong style sprng binder? If they the standard 4 spring I would be intersted.

Julian

Paul Doyle11/01/2017 22:31:49
16 forum posts
3 photos
Hi Julian, no they aren't ring binders- the Windsor uses a springback binder- you bend the boards back and they grip the pages all along one edge. Hence you can put any type of pages in. Designed for the size of Windsor pages of course. They are expensive to buy new.
Julian12/01/2017 17:44:06
619 forum posts
260 photos

Hi Paul, Sorry, I was thinking of FDC Albums, geez what a wombat I am, I am used to buying stockbooks for stamps so not sure what these are, as you can tell I am not savvy with names? So the spine is like a clip then and how many pages would one hold?

I would imagine over time these boards become weak if the album been full for some time? I never even heard of them until you mentioned it. When you said springback I thought of ring binders or the type they used for Royal Wedding which is like 24 sprung comb effect which are a pain in the butt. However in principle these pages are for mounting stamps onto pages?

To be honest there is something in my head that I have used something similar to this somewhere else cant think what for mind you but I do remember that the slips grip the initial pages but the ones in between tend to slip, I have a sneaking feeling this was a photograph album.

I think I will leave it to the people who know what your talking about.

Thanks for the offer though very kind of you.

Julian

Paul Doyle15/01/2017 14:49:59
16 forum posts
3 photos

Here is a Windsor album:

sg-windsor-popular-album.jpg

Alistair Garner03/09/2017 20:48:17
17 forum posts
27 photos

Hi Paul, I know it's a while since you posted this, but if you still have a couple of RED binders, I'd happily take them off your hands.

Let me know the postage costs and I'll get the payment to you.

TIA

Alistar

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Michael G Read
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers