By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Donating Stamps to Charity Shops

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Gillian Hutchinson18/01/2017 10:03:26
60 forum posts
2 photos

Yes, Dauwalders do that. I've had some quite pretty stamps from them.

I haven't got round to sorting my stamps for bringing in to the charity shop, but must do it soon as the little tub where I keep my swaps is getting full.

Gillian

Mia Stampuser08/08/2017 19:12:39
11 forum posts
1 photos

I have bought little packets of stamps from charity shops. One shop, the RNLI up in beautiful Seahouses, had packets of 20 or so stamps for a pound or two. I had a quick look for them but instead found packets from another charity shop. a Sue Ryder (apparently supplied by a stamp club) with various stamps by country paying usually 5p a stamp (e.g. 18 UN stamps for 90p).

Some charity shops have a basket for people to put in used stamps.

I have been trying to find charities around the world wanting used stamps as donations. I found the Oxfam in Canada website wanting them, but no mention on the US Oxfam website. Turns out one of my penpals has been throwing the stamps on envelopes in the bin... The UK has loads of charities accepting stamps, either direct themselves or via a middleman, but it has been harder to find worldwide ones. I have The Holocaust Project, a couple of veteran (ex-servicemen) charities, churches, but haven't found an equivalent to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), or to other UK charities

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
STAMPS OF THE BRITISH ARABIA 2
Michael G Read
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values