By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Billy Broadland

Here is a list of all the postings Billy Broadland has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Nigeria stamp query
21/11/2017 14:34:04

Hi Trevor

The cancellation by the "Air Mail" sticker shows 27th August 1982. I think the Aduna should be Kaduna, which is a region of Nigeria as is Kano.

Billy

Thread: Bavaria old postcard curiosity
17/11/2017 18:17:28

Hi Trevor

Interesting card. Can you make out the dates of the cancellations? Are they close together or in any sort of sequence? I wondered if somebody got hold of the card and then took it on their travels. perhaps they went into the local Post Office, bought a stamp and asked nicely if the counter person would stamp it for them! Just an idea.

Billy

Thread: Postal History of the future?
08/06/2017 08:33:50

Is this the postal history of the future?

When did you last receive a letter with a stamp other than a definite?

Will we be collecting letters like this?postal history.jpeg

Thread: Stamps with Back Still Gummed
06/03/2016 09:22:31

These are probably mint stamps that have not been used postaly. If you lick them and stick straight to a page you will not be able to move them again without damaging them. Either use stamp hinges, which not many collectors use today, or use stamp mounts. You place the stamp in the mount and stick the mount to the page.

A couple of types available are Hawid & Showgard.

Thread: University Project on Stamps (Help)
20/11/2015 16:07:09

Hello Simon

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your interest in our hobby. Probably the best way to start here is to look through the list of forum topics. Looking at the current list of topics I can see perhaps answers to at least three of your questions.

After reading through a few of these you might want to ask some more questions. I am sure a few of our contributors would be glad to help you with your project.

Regards Billy

Thread: Help needed with reading cover.
26/10/2015 15:55:25

Thanks for the info Geoff. I can see the principle of it but it still seems strange that I have been receiving letters from this company for years and have never seen a marking like this before.

Any extra charge must have gone to the sender. Anyway I do have a friendly postie!!

Billy

24/10/2015 15:44:50

Could anybody help by reading the black rectangular box on this envelope?

It intrigues me because it was just an ordinary business letter.

unusual chacet.jpeg

Thread: GB commemorative slogan postmarks
24/10/2015 15:39:06

"Get safe Online Week" slogan. Norwich Mail Centre.

Quite appropriate with the events at TalkTalk!!safe on line.jpeg

25/08/2015 19:47:45

Two "Bee" slogans, one on a Bee stamp.

bees 2.jpegbees 1.jpeg

Thread: Do you have an SG Part 10 Russia catalogue?
12/08/2015 20:40:15

Adrian

If you try www.stampworld.com, you can use it without signing up. Use "select a country" drop down in top corner and select Nagorno-Karabakh,

Hope this helps.

Billy

10/08/2015 14:37:03

You beat me to it Geoff. This one from Peterborough Mail Centre.

Strange thing is this letter comes from Yarmouth, is franked Peterborough Mail Centre and delivered to Norwich.

edinburgh.jpeg

Thread: Polish stamp overprinted with German
31/07/2015 19:40:01

Trevor

Not my field but I think the stamp is from a 1921 Red Cross set. Can't translate the German but have found a couple of sets with the same overprint for sale on delcampe.com.

Thread: Royal Mail Regular Orders
19/07/2015 16:57:50

Welcome to the forum Kevin. You are joining a long list of people who have become disillusioned with Royal mail stamp issuing policy. I gave up with new issues many years ago. I now collect used up to about 1990 and various covers.

When did you last see a special issue stamp on an ordinary letter?

19/07/2015 16:53:35

Gatwick Mail Centre again, this one does have "Delivered by Royal Mail"b.o.b.jpeg

Thread: Are these stamps "used"?
11/03/2015 19:23:05

Received this envelope from an ebay seller. The stamps are used in the fact that they have been through the postal system but are they "used" because of the lack of frankings?envelope.jpeg

Thread: Turkey 1876 20 Paras Black & Red / Rose - No Rose
03/02/2015 16:12:43

Hi Mark

Would it be possible to put a scan of the stamp on the forum? It always helps to have a picture to look at.

The colours on scans aren't always the best but it would help other readers to try to help you identify the stamp.

Regards Billy

Thread: Any help with identification please! Reunion postage due?
30/01/2015 15:21:13

Agree, it looks like a French postage due but the 60 centimes I found is listed as black!

Do you think the overprint of the R in the triangle is Reunion?

Thread: Victorian Post Boxes
11/01/2015 15:18:11

sam_2149.jpgsam_2148.jpgOn my travels in rural Norfolk I came across this working Victorian Post Box.

Are there still many about?sam_2147.jpg

Thread: Merry Christmas
25/12/2014 09:50:57

A Merry and Peaceful Christmas to all.

Thread: Help with a Postmark
18/12/2014 09:57:20

jubilee postmark.jpegCould you help with this postmark? Where is the Jubilee Mail Centre?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Michael G Read
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers